In 2008 NanoNed has established the NanoNed Japan Office, led by Dr. Wilfred van der Wiel (scientific director) and Dr. Marjan Fretz (secretary) with as general aim intensifying contacts between Japanese and Dutch scientists and business people in the field of nanotechnology. NJO tries to initiate and contribute to the following activities:
NJO already arranged several MSc and BSc student internships in Japanese institutes and companies.
- exchange of students and scientists
- sharing high-tech infrastructure
- invited lectures by renowned (nano) scientists
- joint grant programs open for collaborations between Japanese and Dutch partners
- joint conferences/symposia/workshops (both scientific and valorization oriented)